The Occasion Edit #2: The Ivy Chelsea Garden

So I loved writing my last post and I went away thinking about all the things I'd love to post about and how it's a great way of taking stock of all the lovely things in life.

I often felt a pressure to blog in the past, and disappointment if I didn't receive lots of comments and feedback, but a lovely friend reminded me that as long as I enjoy it, that is the most important thing. It's also made me realise that taking the time to reflect and post about things helped me to feel more gratitude for all I have. So I plan to continue...

I wanted to tell you more about celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary as it was a lovely day, in the middle of a horrible period of exam revision. As I said in my last post I had heard about The Ivy Chelsea Garden and seen lots of beautiful pictures so obviously wanted to visit. I thought it would be a great start to our day, especially as the menu looked delicious and exactly the sort of food Andrew and I enjoy.


Well it certainly didn't disappoint. As we approached I thought there must be someone famous there as crowds were gathered outside. Turns out they were taking pictures of the beautiful floral displays covering the front of the building. I felt ever so special getting to walk past and into the place.


I booked well in advance as I knew it was popular, and was so glad I did as they gave us a beautiful table in the terrace. It was a beautiful sunny day, possibly too warm if I'm honest, but it was lovely to be sat in the fresh air with gorgeous foliage around us, and even flickering candles.


We both ordered the garden breakfast, which was delicious. I also ordered the most refreshing peach iced tea! Andrew convinced me to take a look at the dessert menu (as I have the sweetest tooth) and I ordered the chocolate bomb - which was AMAZING! Seriously so delicious and the waiter even poured the hot caramel sauce over while I filmed it for my IG stories, so we could capture the bomb melting down to the ice cream inside.


The staff were fantastic and really polite and attentive. They even had little chocolates saying 'Happy Anniversary' on our dessert plates.


I would love to visit again, but maybe for lunch where you can sit outside in the main garden which looked absolutely stunning, although we were glad for the shade as it was such a hot day.


The best thing was that it was really reasonably priced, especially for London. We splashed out on prosecco and dessert as it was our anniversary, but the brunch would have been similar to most nice chain or independent restaurants, even though the quality and setting were so much more special. We will definitely be back!

Have you visited any of the Ivy restaurants? Which is your favourite? Which should we try next? And what do you like to do to celebrate special occasions?

Jewel 
x



Comments

Popular Posts