The Olympics...

Hey Everyone...

Whilst Olympics fever is still gripping the nation (wooo 22 golds and counting) I wanted to share with you our little taste of the games!

We applied for tickets in the first round - only for the opening ceremony and the athletics 100m final. Funnily enough we didn't get any tickets! Then when they released the second round of tickets, we decided we really wanted to be part of the action and so got our hands on some Olympic park tickets for the bargain price of £10 each.

What with the wedding and everything else, our trip to the Olympics went out of our minds for a while, but with the opening ceremony, we became really excited. Our tickets were for the first day of the games - Saturday 28th July!

We packed our back pack full of goodies for lunch and attached our supporters badge...


I adorned myself with a Cath Kidston temporary tattoo for the occasion...


And we set off for the Olympic park...


We took the overground from Kentish Town West, which was nice and empty and got us there in no time...


We were through security in a flash and straight into the Olympic park...




It was a fantastic atmosphere even at 9.30am in the morning, but we were surprised by how quiet and empty the park was!




The park looked fantastic - the venues looked stunning!


And the landscaping around the park was fantastic!



There was so much to see and do - including lots of art installations...


...beautiful scenery along the Lee Valley River



...And of course the big screen, where we set up camp for the day...








Everything was surprisingly well organised - we didn't have to queue for anything!!



The sun came out and we ate our picnic in front of the big screen...



I fell in love with the mascot Wenlock...


...We sunbathed whilst watching all the action, cheering along, and getting swept away by the atmosphere...


....I even got sunburnt - just one leg mind!




Oh and I got to meet the REAL Wenlock...


... I was so excited I queued up with all the children!


The sponsors also had interactive experiences - such as photos from samsung, coca cola and BP!


We even got to hold a real Olympic torch...






It was such a great day we went home and immediately looked for more tickets - unfortunately most of those left were out of our price range - so we decided to support the Paralympics and bought some tickets for the athletics in the Olympic stadium! I can't wait!

And after all that excitement - Wenlock & I were tuckered out...


Love Jewel xXx


Comments

  1. It looks great. I was up there last night collecting my tickets for the Paralympics, the atmosphere is amazing. I can't wait to actually get inside the park and see it all, it looks as though you had a fab day :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friend's went and saw the tennis. Michelle Obama was sitting a few rows away watching too. He said it was very well organised. The park does look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts