Bath Time...

Hey Everyone...

Remember I told you about my lovely weekend? Well it didn't last long - this week is very stressful - but I am going to remind myself of my wonderful weekend by showing you Bath...


On Saturday we decided to have an impromptu day out in Bath as I have never been before. The fiance treated us to the morning at the Thermae Bath Spa...


It was so relaxing, and wonderful to spend a whole morning in each other's company. We really enjoyed the heated pool, steam rooms and especially the roof top pool overlooking the city of Bath. It has such a beautiful view, we could have stayed all day...


Instead it was off for some lunch & sightseeing...







We had lunch in the lovely Abbey Hotel. I had afternoon tea all to myself!





We admired the beautiful Abbey and then went straight to the Roman Baths...









Which were absolutely fantastic! They are right next to the abbey, but you wouldn't notice from the street, such a hidden treasure.







The abbey creates a fantastic backdrop for these ancient baths which are so full of history.


It was a fantastic museum too, full of interesting information about how the baths used to be and how they were used...







It was eerie to feel the warmth of the water, see the steam rolling off the water and see the bubbles of heat rising to the surface, but it made our morning experience feel much more like a real Roman one...








Then of course we did some shopping! We stopped in at a free art gallery and took in the lovely architecture...







And by night the city became even more magical, with the beautifully lit abbey...



I used my craft fair profits to pay for our lovely day, and treated myself to a few goodies from some of the fantastic shops and market stalls...

Christmas decoration making supplies

A Christmas wreath for our door

Beads to finish some more jewellery for my stall

All in all it was a fantastic day and I can't wait to have another like it sometime soon! And if you haven't been, I would highly recommend a trip to Bath! 

Jewel x

Comments

  1. Lovely photos, glad you enjoyed it. Hope the rest of the week gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to Bath, it is on my list of places I would like to visit. Your photos are gorgeous, it looks like you both had a lovely time x x x x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts