The Saga of The Bridesmaids Shoes...

Hey Everyone...

Well that was a bad day! I am in a bad mood now - I'll warn you, this will mostly be a ranting post, please look away if you don't want to know about it...

Well first things first, a couple of bad things happened to the fiance. Then work was long and stressful. We found out that the ward next to us in the building (with which we share lots of facilities and work with) is closing in 10 days time. Having just gone through a redeployment from another unit being closed down I'm kind of numb to it, but people at work are panicking a little. Plus all the paperwork and box ticking is really getting to me and I hate my job - there I said it!

Anyway I was looking forward to picking up some vases from a freecyler after work. But they turned out not to be to my liking so off to the charity shop they go. Then I was heading into town to buy the beautiful bridesmaids' shoes that we picked out on Saturday.

It should have been easy, as I'd already reserved all the sizes I needed at one shop. But when I got there, half of them were dirty and worn. They called up the other two shops on Oxford Street and I trekked down there in the rain. But when I got there they didn't have one of the sizes. I ended up calling the helpline from the shop who told me I could order them over the phone and have them delivered to a store for free but when I got through to the ordering line, they told me they didn't have the size I needed. I forced them to double-check and it turns out they did! But I had to order them to be delivered, costing my an extra £4. This despite knowing that I wont be in when they deliver. So I will probably have to go and pick them up from somewhere else anyway.

After all that I had to trek back in the rain with only 3 pairs. And the other will turn up tomorrow while I'm at work, so I'll have to rearrange delivery. I've had so many problems with Next (I wont go into the whole saga of last time) I wish I didn't have to buy them from them - as they now have £124 of my money, despite having the worst customer service and general organisation of any company I've encountered.

Let's just say the ones tomorrow better be clean and right or I might have to kill someone!

But to end on a positive note, here are the three pairs of pretty shoes I have so far...


Let's hope this is the last of the wedding stress and not a sign of things to come! Normal posting will resume tomorrow!

Jewel x

Comments

  1. Fingers crossed it all goes well. Sounds like you have had the same delivery problems with Next as I have with Office shoes Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can bear it, I'd write and complain to Next. They should at least refund the postage costs if what they'd put aside for you wasn't saleable. Hope the week gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same.................we just dont complain enough and complaining in this case is totally justified!!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frustrating! Definitely write a letter of complaint, I've done so with NEXT (and other stores) and usually get some vouchers or money back.

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts