A Recipe For Success...

Hey Everyone,

Hope you're all having a good week so far. Thank you so much for all the lovely comments! They mean a lot to me.

Tonight the fiance and I have been preparing wedding favours for our female guests. A while back we saw some recipe cards in a local shop. They were very sweet and vintage themed and I loved the idea for them as favours, but at £3.95 a pop they were too expensive. But the fiance convinced me I could make them myself, and I gave it a go!


The first one went so well that we decided to make them for our guests. It's taken me months to collect all the bits together (especially the bead string - there was a whole palava with an america ebay seller and customs). Then finally tonight we sat down and tied them all up.

Sounds easy but it's really fiddly and annoying! The fiance was getting very frustrated! But we did it and now they are all ready for.... a whole year's time lol. I am nothing but organised!




Hopefully we have enough - although if we have more girls than boys we won't and I will have to hurridly make some more nearer the time - but at least the bulk of the work is done!

I also need to decide whether I want to make personalised tags with each person's name on them (I know I do but it's whether I should spend more money on tags and spend time writing them - plus my writing is awful so I would probably print them, which means cutting and sticking too!)

Now just to finish the favour tags for our other favours (which I'll tell you about when they're done!) and make more confetti cones, and decorate our invitations, and....

Jewel x

Comments

  1. Wow you are doing well!!

    Is that an Ektorp Ikea sofa I spy?? If it is, let me know what you think of them - before and after washing the covers.............just that we keep considering getting one!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great hearing all about your handmade goodies for the wedding, it makes it so much more personal,

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed......I hate to say I never sent thank you notes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts