A Right Royal Wedding (& Afternoon Tea)...

Hi Everyone,

I hope you've all had a wonderful morning enjoying watching the royal wedding and celebrating. At the last minute we decided to have an afternoon tea to celebrate!

We started the day with some toast to keep us going until tea time! We used my new toast rack, for it's first every outing! Very british...


I decided to make some sandwiches for our afternoon tea and used some lovely homegrown ingredients - basil and cress from my windowsill...



I even boiled my first ever egg (yes I can't believe I've never boiled an egg either!) and made some scrummy sandwiches - egg and homegrown cress, tomato and homegrown basil, and cheese and chive (unfortunately not homegrown as mine wouldn't grow - but I have grown them before!)

Here was our complete afternoon tea...









Can you spot the white orchid in the background? My lovely fiance bought it for me yesterday as a surprise!

I finally got to use some beautiful china I had recently bought but had no 'good' reason to get out...


Including this beautiful glass jug, needed to toast the happy couple...



And my pretty cake plates!

The wedding was beautiful! I had a tear in my eye throughout, but was also secretly very jealous. I am now even more excited about our wedding next year, but hugely anxious for the time to pass quickly! A whole further year to wait!

Katherine looked beautiful and elegant, I can barely hope to come close to her poise and serenity on our day.

Congratulations Kate & Will! 

Jewel x

Comments

  1. It was so lovely....bet you've got wedding fever now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it all looks fantastic!!! Hasn't it been a fabulous day and I'm still glued to the tv!! Love it!

    Victoria xxx

    PS My dining table is from NEXT (all my furniture in my lounge is the Lilly Range) and my bunting was not handmade, my mum picked it up from somewhere for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was amazing! and yes i was teary eyed too, had a few sniffles and also secretly jealous hahaha, i love your teapot and teacup and those cake plates are so gorgeous! i could never grow herbs, killed them many times coz i forgot to water them :) a toast for the royal couple and how excited that your wedding day draws near!! absolutely love your tea table while watching the royal wedding, gorgeous wedding dress that kate wore!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was lovely wasn't it? Your afternoon tea looks great :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts