Fun In Brum

Hi Everyone,

Hope you had a lovely long weekend! Yesterday was my last day of a very busy weekend! After staying up late watching movies at a friends, it was up early at 6.15am to catch the train to Birmingham to see two of my lovely uni friends!

We went shopping and caught up with each other, and then we sat by the canal enjoying a little wine...


Just a little bit of wine - we finished a whole bottle each! Which may have influenced my decision to buy  this...




A beautiful Cath Kidston sewing box - absolutely perfect for all of my sewing bits that I'm accumulating!

I rushed home tonight after work to fill it...




Yay! I'm so stupidly excited! But I don't care! I also treated myself to some sunglasses and some pretty, sequined pumps for the summer at work!



My lovely friend Lucy knows me very well and bought me this beautiful tea cup and saucer when she was visiting Stratford-Upon-Avon! It's beautiful and perfect for my mismatch collection! I was soo chuffed!


I had a lovely day, but I'm sad I don't see them often enough. It wasn't long enough to really catch up on everything! Luckily, I'll see them both again in a month!


We all ended up buying ourselves a little something from Cath Kidston...


...And then it was back to work, and real life, and the drudge! Just in case I didn't remember how rubbish real life is, I got a parking ticket, when it wasn't my fault (the machine wasn't working - I've already challenged it) and I had to have an icky injection! Oh well, three day week - shouldn't complain!

What has everyone got planned for the next long weekend? Anyone having a royal wedding party!? I wish we were! 

Jewel x

P.S. Can I shamelessly ask for you all to advertise my blog a little? I still only have 8 followers, and would love a few more! Thank you to those of you who have been following and commenting! It means a stupid amount to me! x

Comments

  1. Shopping under the influence... we've all been there!! I have a CK sewing box, I love it!

    I can't wait for another long weekend... I have my mum, aunts and SIL over Friday to watch the wedding, Saturday mum and I are off shopping to Westfield, I've never been so quite excited and I think Sunday and Monday will be off to the bootsales!

    What are you up to?

    I'll give you a little shout out on my blog no worries hun! Also a good idea to get more people reading is too have a giveaway! Freebies always attract people and of course just commenting on lot's of blogs and joining in with any giveaways if you can

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful blog Jewel! I love the shoes, wish I could find them in the U.S! I have had some tragic events in my life as of later but did want to hope by and say welcome, love Cath too! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I came via Victoria's (Florence & Mary) recommendation :) great blog, and alcohol induced CK buys make me laugh! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jewel, Just came via Victoria's blog too. It's always good to meet new bloggers. Your blog is great! Ah to buy CK under the influence of alcohol is always a good excuse. I must try that excuse with Hubby. hahaha. Do you think he would understand? ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jewel, lovely to meet you, welcome to blog land!

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've popped over from Victoria's. You have a lovely blog and I'm sure you'll have lots of loyal readers in no time. I have a similar sewing box, though not Cath Kidston, that I bought years ago. It never sees the light of day as I'm rubbish as sewing. I can see your cat sat on the windowsill in one of your photos. We have a dog now but we used to have a cat who loved to sit by the window and watch the world go by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, just found your blog via Vintage Vicki's. Looks like you had a wonderful time with your friends ... :0)

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya, came over from Victoria's blog. Always nice to meet someone new.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message, I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts